Businesses are usually concerned about two aspects – profitability and productivity, and to ensure both, the workplace and environment must be maintained. With years of use, even the best buildings may need upkeep and maintenance. For industrial setups, this is even more important, because unsafe work premises can lead to accidents and unwanted liabilities. In this post, we have a few tips that may come handy for maintenance of commercial premises.
- Repair when things are manageable. Sadly, many facility managers and building maintenance teams don’t pay heed to smaller repair work. For example, old drywall and awnings of certain rooms must be changed after a few years, or some of the concrete slabs must be repaired when the damage is early. If you keep a check on smaller maintenance tasks, you can save considerable resources in the future.
- Select a commercial contractor. When it comes to commercial building repair, always select a contractor who’s experienced in the sector. A commercial contractor has the required resources, expertise and capabilities to take up big projects that are typical in the industrial sector, and they can get the job done in a much shorter period.
- Always seek estimates in advance. Probably most entrepreneurs know about this, and yet, they rely on words and promises. An estimate should be offered on email/paper, must be inclusive of all costs, and should specify a deadline for the work, regardless of whether it is about concrete work or electrical repairs. The estimate also eliminates all possible hidden costs, which many companies worry about.
- Go for a yearly inspection. Ideally, buildings and commercial premises must be checked and inspected at least once in couple of years. This may involve a price, but you will save the cost of additional repairs. Keep in mind that the inspection should be done by a third-party contractor, who can offer inputs on all aspects.
- Comply with the requirements. Is your business premises fire complaint? Have you reviewed the contractor to know if their workers and engineers are licensed and insured? Keep up the local compliance needs and always ensure the safety of your team and workers in the first place. Building maintenance work can be backed by guarantee, which ensures that you don’t have to pay for repairs frequently.
Check online now to find the best commercial contractor in your area, to get your building checked for cracks and other possible damages.